Saturday, October 10, 2009

One two op-ed punch

I've obviously been catching up on the news today after a week of being busy with guests here in Vegas.

I just read two op-ed columns that will appear in tomorrow's New York Times.

Frank Rich's made the case more convincingly than any I've read that sending more troops to Afghanistan would be a bad idea.

And my initial reaction Thomas Friedman's was, "Oh, I'm so tired of reading about Obama's Nobel Peace Prize," but then he got me with his suggestion for what the president should say when he accepts the award... on behalf of America's peacekeepers.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger TomS said...

Thanks for the Frank Rich link...it helped me to clarify my thinking.

Great posts, Michael...you have a fine resource here. I find your mix of topics hugely interesting and informative. Thanks.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home