Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April's day, Earth's day

Today is Earth Day, and after a crazy weekend in Puerto Vallarta celebrating my dear friend April's birthday, I'm still trying to get my feet firmly back on the ground. I've been dealing with my allergies here in Vegas, and my left sinus got really screwed up on the flight to Mexico. I was dealing with a serious headache and bloody nose for the first 24 hours and acid reflux for the last 24. Guess I'm getting older, too! :-)

In any case, we had a wonderful time and stayed in a gorgeous villa (coincidentally, another group of friends rented the same house last year when Tommy, Ken, a few other friends, and I were there). We had 15 people in our group, and we split our time between the villa, the beach, and MaƱana, our favorite local club. I'll post a few more pics soon!

Victor, April, and I at the Blue Chairs happy hour


BUT BACK TO EARTH DAY... I heard a good segment on Fresh Air yesterday about making smart seafood choices, i.e. those that are healthy both for the diner and for the environment. You can check out the Environmental Defense Fund's seafood guide online. They even have a version that you can view on your web-enabled cell phone.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home