Saturday, February 09, 2008

Flashbacks

I was relaxing on the couch last night with Victor and started playing around on YouTube. Found some videos that totally took me back to childhood and thought I'd share them with you. :-)

For the longest time I thought I had imagined this show... then finally talked to someone in college who remembered it as well. Love those psychadelic Sid and Marty Krofft Saturday morning shows, especially H.R. Pufnstuf.

Here's Paul Lynde on the Hollywood Squares (some of his other great one-liners on Wikipedia).

And one hit wonder Charlene's "I've Never Been to Me" (I was a sappy kid and loved this song... but geez, read the comments on YouTube, hilarious!).

The Sonny and Cher Show (check out those hoops!)...

And Lucy's classic Vitameatavegamin commercial!

Finally, "One Tin Soldier" which we used to sing in grade school. But even better was what we did at home... my sister Molly, cousin Julie, and I used to stage a variety show for our parents and grandparents that was based on the Donnie and Marie Show. My best idea ever for the show was to have Julie sing "One Tin Soldier" for the audience, and when she got to the final line--"One tin soldier rides away"--Molly (wrapped in aluminum foil) rode out on a stick pony. :-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home