Thursday, March 11, 2010

Most idiotic fundraising letter ever

Alternative title: Does the GOP leadership really think Republicans are this stupid?

Two years ago I sent John McCain a $5 contribution to get on his mailing list. Yesterday I received what must be the dumbest request for money I've ever seen. It came from the National Republican Congressional Committee (all emphasis in the original):

The enclosed 2010 Campaign Battle Plan outlines the National Republican Congressional Committee's (NRCC) strategy to elect a new GOP majority and remove Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House.

I'm sharing this information with you because as a long-time Republican activist, you've done a lot for our principles and our Party over the years. As a GOP leader and a patriot, you have a lot at stake in the outcome of this year's elections.

But please keep in mind that your copy of our Campaign Battle Plan is CONFIDENTIAL - it is intended "for your eyes only" so please take care not to leave it lying around for others to see it.

In fact, I'm going to ask you a special favor: After you've read this confidential proposal, please return it in the postage paid envelope I've provided.

That way I will know that you've received and examined your copy of our Campaign Battle Plan. I've only sent a limited number to a select group of knowledgeable and experienced Republicans, and each one must be accounted for.

The contribution form (at the bottom of my copy of the 2010 CAMPAIGN BATTLE PLAN) offers contribution levels from $25 to $720 along with "other." It also has a space labeled "I have reviewed and approved these plans. - Initial here."

I sent it back with a checkmark and one Canadian penny. I mean, come on... really?

CONFIDENTIAL 2010 GOP CAMPAIGN BATTLE PLAN

Stupidest fundraising letter ever

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home