Sunday, January 10, 2010

Song of the day

"Under the Ivy" by Kate Bush, a song I first heard in Portland in 2002. And in further checking out Kate a few days later, I resolved a mystery from my junior high years: who was the woman who appeared one night on Saturday Night Live and sung a song that mesmerized me and had all the boys talking in the locker room the next day. It was Kate; she sang "Them Heavy People" on December 9, 1978. Turns out this was her only appearance on American television. Serendipity...

(Video link)

That episode also included Dan Akroyd's classic Julia Child skit. :-)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always been a fan of "Wuthering Heights", which I was introduced to by my grade 12 English lit teacher.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW3gKKiTvjs

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home