Monday, February 23, 2009

Wow: Obama's style of governing

Obama held a White House summit today with lawmakers from both parties--and independent experts--to discuss longer term budget deficit issues (including healthcare, entitlements, defense). And while I'm taking a break from studying to make some lunch, I turned on the TV in the middle of a Q&A session between Obama and lawmakers about the challenges and opportunies that each of the various subgroups identified.

I have to say I am just amazed by how quickly Obama has jumped on this and the fact that this give-and-take is being shared with the public. It is renewing my hope that we might just be able to tackle some of the long term problems that for so long have seemed intractable!

I think we may have just elected one of the best presidents ever. Obama seems totally comfortable in the role of working with his Congressional counterparts and the American people to bring about real change. This is leadership in action.

One quote with respect to Congressional politics: "The majority needs to be inclusive. On the other hand, the minority needs to be constructive." [corrected]

I am sure this session will end up on YouTube... look for it!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home