Monday, June 09, 2008

Earth Share

Tonight I heard a public service announcement about the dangers of mercury from Earth Share, "a nationwide network of the country's most respected environmental and conservation organizations."

Not familiar with the organization, I checked out their website and learned that their mission is "to engage individuals and organizations in creating a healthy and sustainable environment." I noticed that the mercury PSA was actually created in 2005 and wondered how active the organization is today. They have a state-by-state event listing, and the first one I looked at is a talk in Portland about the impact of pharmaceuticals on the environment. It's taking place a week from Thursday on June 19th. Coincidentally, the talk is being given by a professor at Touro University here in Vegas, which just happens to be one of the schools with a PA program that I'm planning to apply to.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home