Monday, June 09, 2008

O!Burger in West Hollywood

Victor and I had a tasty lunch at O!Burger in WeHo last weekend. The restaurant opened just over a week ago and features a small but satisfying 100% organic menu.

Victor had a free range turkey burger, and I had one made with grass-fed beef (which has a much better fat profile than corn-fed beef, significantly higher in omega-3 fatty acids). We each had a side of grilled veggies... and instead of being the boring-but-nutritious subsitute for french fries that I usually expect, they were really yummy.

I went back a second time and was ravenous, so I ordered another burger but with two patties: one beef, the other their version of the veggie burger. With the addition of grilled onions, it was almost too big to eat with my hands. Halfway through I resorted to using my fork.

One of the owners, Martha Chang, stopped by my table to ask if I was enjoying my meal, and we had a nice conversation about the restaurant, organic food, and the way healthy eating goes hand-in-hand with keeping our planet healthy.

She also pointed out that all of the disposable serviceware was biodegradable. I checked out the bottom of my cup: it was made by International Paper using a polymer from NatureWorks. Knowing that my single-use dishes aren't going to be sitting in a landfill forever makes enjoying fast food that much nicer.

If you're in West Hollywood and looking for a quick and delicious meal, O!Burger is at 8593 Santa Monica Blvd., on the same block as the Ramada. They're open 11am-9pm daily and until 10pm on Friday and Saturday. And in that neighborhood, scoring an hour of validated parking is a real happy ending. :-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home