Tuesday, March 04, 2008

March 4th results

6:59pm - Obama is getting creamed in Rhode Island and Ohio. Texas is so close. And I have to go to my organic chemistry lab. Ugh.

6:51pm - Funny how everyone seems to have a word or phrase that they repeat endlessly. McCain's is "my friends." He looks happy to have finally won the nomination.

6:15pm - The folks on MSNBC were just discussing a statement that Hillary Clinton made yesterday.

I think that I have a lifetime of experience that I will bring to the White House. Sen. John McCain has a lifetime of experience that he’d bring to the White House. And Sen. Obama has a speech he gave in 2002.

Here's the video. Given the odds against her winning the nomination, a truly wretched statement to make. McCain is already quoting her on his website.

MSNBC just called Rhode Island for Clinton.

6:08pm - Just reviewed the exit polls for Texas at CNN.com. Doesn't look good...

5:56pm - Just started watching the results... have been dreading them all day. As I said yesterday, I'm suffering from "primary fatigue" and hungry for some resolution. Given the delegate math, continuing the increasingly bitter and negative Democratic primary battle while McCain begins to consolidate the Republican party is hardly a good harbinger for November.

So I'm still hoping for a split decision tonight: Obama winning Vermont and Texas, Clinton Rhode Island and Ohio. I think that result will put enough pressure on Hillary to withdraw that this part of the campaign can come to an end. But I could be wrong. :-/

Okay, Vermont is in the Obama column. No surprise there, he's winning 60% of the vote with 38% of the precincts reporting.

Not sure how this is calculated, but the early returns seem odd to me in Texas. CNN is reporting that only 2% of the precincts are reporting with Obama receiving aproximately 513,000 votes, Hillary 425,000.

But that's almost a million votes, and if I multiple by 50, the result is roughly 50 million. And clearly that many people didn't vote in a state with a population of roughly 24 million. Guess the precincts must vary wildly in size. Hmm.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home