Monday, February 25, 2008

Feeling cranky

After Saturday's crazy (and prematurely concluded) Clark County Democratic Convention, I had a rather unpleasant Sunday.

I skipped the Academy Awards and studied physics. I did see Sweeney Todd over the weekend, which won the Oscar for art direction. While it had me squirming in my seat at moments, the gore was sufficiently theatrical to be bearable. Johnny Depp is so gifted, and Helena Bonham Carter was fabulous as always. Go see it... just not on a full stomach. :-)

SPEAKING OF "GORE" (as in Al's loss in 2000), I was annoyed to see Ralph Nader announce yet another run for the presidency. Come on, man, get real. I voted for you in '96 as a protest against Bill Clinton. This is not your year (and your year, I hate to tell you, Ralph, has long since passed).

And I caught Hillary on CNN yesterday mocking Obama, his campaign, and his supporters, and I have to say I was rather offended. Does she realize that while this act may play well to her own supporters, it turns off all of those supporting Obama. If she turns things around and wins the nomination, she's presumably going to want our votes. It's this shortsightedness in her campaign strategy that belies her claim to being "ready on day one." If the day after Super Tuesday was day one, she sure wasn't ready.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home