Monday, December 27, 2010

If there is one group I wish I'd heard in concert...

Queen. It was at least a decade after my dad suggested that I listen to "Bohemian Rhapsody" on my first Sony Walkman before I became a real fan of the group, and my appreciation has only grown in the years since. (And while we're on the topic, where is that Freddie Mercury movie, anyway???)

Terry Gross of NPR's Fresh Air interviewed band co-founder and lead guitarist Brian May earlier this year and re-broadcast the segment today. Among other interesting anecdotes about the group, May, an astrophysicist, explained how he created the sound of many stomping feet in "We Will Rock You." Prime numbers, who knew?

(Video link)

Note to Dad: I'm listening to "Bohemian Rhapsody" on headphones right now. :-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home