Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I think I'd rather be depressed

I just saw a commercial for Abilify, an "add-on" drug that you take if you're on an anti-depressant but are still depressed.

After hearing the side effects, I think I'd rather stay depressed or at least take my life with my own hand, lol.

Serious side effects may include:

An increased risk of stroke and ministroke have been reported in clinical studies of elderly people with dementia-related psychosis

Very high fever, rigid muscles, shaking, confusion, sweating, or increased heart rate and blood pressure. These may be signs of a condition called neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS), a rare but serious side effect which could be fatal

Abnormal or uncontrollable movements of face, tongue, or other parts of body. These may be signs of a serious condition called tardive dyskinesia (TD), which could become permanent

If you have diabetes, or risk factors for diabetes (for example, obesity, family history of diabetes), or unexpected increases in thirst, urination, or hunger, your blood sugar should be monitored. Increases in blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia), in some cases serious and associated with coma or death, have been reported in patients taking ABILIFY and medicines like it

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home