Thursday, February 19, 2009

Owning a bar, taking back the night

For a long time I wanted to own a bar, but as Bette and I used to say, we'd probably "drink up all of the profits."

Three of my friends from my Oracle and Larry's Angels days have purchased one of my old haunts in the Castro in San Francisco. They're updating the interior of the old Bar on Castro (which we called "BOC" though I realized too late that it should have been "BAC" :-) and have renamed it Q Bar.

Congrats, Tim, Rob, and JB!

Tim, Rob, & JB @ 18th & Castro

ALSO IN SF, my good friend Mikey is working on bringing a regular Saturday night club back to the City. Hard to believe, but SF has been devoid of a big place for the gay community to dance since my "days of yore" home away from home, 177 Townsend, was torn down in 2002. WUNDERLAND opens February 28.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home