Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thoughts and impressions...

What a beautiful clarinet Anthony McGill was playing...

I think Obama got hit with the enormity of the moment when he took the oath... a little tongue-tied, lol! (UPDATE: NBC just reported that Chief Justice Roberts didn't use notes when he administered the oath to Obama... and got it wrong! Which might help explain why Obama fumbled.)

Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter sure are looking spry.

The Obama girls are beautiful, aren't they? And Michelle looked fabulous.

And that whole gorgeous crowd! Amazing. I wish I was there! And I don't think I've ever seen so many Washington VIPs together... actually, I can't remember the last time I watched the inauguration. I found myself thinking, "What a perfect time to attack America." :-/

Thank you, DiFi. You did well.

And the Rev. Joseph E. Lowery gave a great benediction.

As for Obama's speech, quite a bit of rebuke for George W. Bush, I thought. How strange it must have been for Bush to sit there and experience it all...

My friend Ryan, a Canadian, was my text message buddy for the experience. It was good to share the moment with you. :-)

Bush is now getting on Marine One to head back to the ranch. Don't let the door hit you on the way out! I gave you the benefit of the doubt after 9/11, Mr. Bush. You let me down.

AS FOR THE YEARS AHEAD, let us not forget what Obama spoke of today. It is a time for us to think about people others than ourselves. How can we be of service to others? What will you do to make a difference in this world we share?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home