Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snowed-in in Vegas!

Wow, the snow is coming down hard again this afternoon, and it's even colder than Monday when it snowed. Crazy!
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning in effect through 6 a.m. Thursday with 3 to 6 inches of snow possible, even in the lowest levels of the Las Vegas Valley, including the Strip.

Snow was falling this afternoon in much of the Las Vegas Valley. Forecasters said heavy snow is possible in the valley and desert areas of Clark, Lincoln and southern Nye counties.

An advisory from the weather service this afternoon called the snow event "extremely rare."
I was heading across town despite the weather until I got on the beltway... I started sliding right away and got off as fast as I could. I've got a rear wheel drive RX-8 which is so light. Not what you want to be driving on icy roads!

I stopped at the supermarket since my new refrigerator is empty and almost couldn't get out of the parking lot!

Thank god I've got my internet service hooked up in my new apartment. (Yes, that's another story.)

Snow in Henderson, Nevada

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home