Friday, November 21, 2008

The transition: quotes for the day

Ron Brownstein at National Journal comments on the shrinking Republican coalition:
As George W. Bush's presidency winds down, the Republican Party's greatest problem is that it doesn't appear to be reaching much of anybody who isn't already watching Fox News. Bush leaves behind a party that looks less like a coalition than a clubhouse.
And conservative columnist David Brooks has this to say in the New York Times:
Believe me, I’m trying not to join in the vast, heaving O-phoria now sweeping the coastal haute bourgeoisie. But the personnel decisions have been superb. The events of the past two weeks should be reassuring to anybody who feared that Obama would veer to the left or would suffer self-inflicted wounds because of his inexperience. He’s off to a start that nearly justifies the hype.
As I said earlier in the week, I've been pretty happy with Obama's staff and Cabinet selections so far. I can be fiercely partisan, and while I might seem like a liberal in a lot of cases, I actually feel fairly moderate on many issues, especially fiscal ones. So while there may be a few disgruntled Obamaniacs out there, I'm not one of them. :-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home