Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Michelle's speech last night

After watching it, I told Victor that the moment when she got me was when she was talking about Barack driving her and their first daughter home from the hospital after her delivery. From that point on, she was perfect.

Apparently I wasn't the only one to feel this way:
For me, the crucial moment when it went from good to great was when she told the story of her husband driving her and their infant daughter home from the hospital, creeping along at ten miles an hour, watching them in the back seat, the weight of the world on his shoulders. As a father myself, I remember doing exactly the same thing, and I know exactly what he was feeling at that moment -- it's one of the most intense experiences of a father's life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home