Monday, July 07, 2008

Newsflash: veggies work

I had a doctor's appointment today, and they offered a free antioxidant assessment using the Pharmanex BioPhotonic Scanner.

I have no idea how useful this test is, but I scored 56,000 which placed me in the highest category for the level of carotenoids in the skin. The guy who ran the test said mine was the second highest score he had seen.

Since he was ready to sell me supplements had my level been lower, I have some faith that the scanner was actually doing what he says it was doing.

I drink a small glass of carrot juice every day, and I've been eating a lot of vegetables lately, so I'm not surprised that my level was high. (Carrots are one of the most concentrated sources of beta carotene.) And I take no antioxidant supplements, so my reading was totally based on my diet.

So... eating veggies does work, at least in terms of boosting your antioxidants levels. :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home