Friday, April 04, 2008

Coffee!

An item in the Daily Dish this morning reminded me that I've been meaning to post about coffee and it's health benefits. I've been collecting these stories for awhile:

  • Today's latest item suggest that coffee may protect the brain against dementia
  • It had separately been found to protect against Parkinson's disease
  • Java has also been found to protect against liver damage caused by alcohol (yee haw!)
  • It's also found to help the cardiovascular system (I've read a research report that I've now misplaced (dementia? :-) which stated that after a short-term boost in blood pressure, coffee drinkers adapt and return to their baseline pressue; interestingly, the same was not true for people who drank caffeinated sodas--their blood pressure remained elevated indefinitely)
  • A couple of general articles about coffee's benefits: one and two

So make a barista happy and order a cup today. ;-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home