Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Internet political laughs

I was talking to my Dad the other day... he'd seen one of those emails that suggests Obama is a Muslim.

It's amusing enough to think that people actually believe that kind of thing--the whole "Manchurian Candidate" idea--but I understand their trepidation.

But what I think is hilarious is the notion that people would think that someone would be dumb enough to try to sneak in a Muslim as a presidential candidate... someone named Barack Obama! Not John Smith, but Barack Obama! :-)

Also of note, the one email I saw that smeared Obama this way was sort of tricky. They said that "they'd checked it out on snopes.com" as a sort of an innoculation against the reader actually doing so. Of course if you do, you find the truth.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home