Monday, January 21, 2008

Tonight's Democratic debate

My initial comments on tonight's debate:

  • It was really satisfying to hear Obama hold Hillary accountable for her and Bill Clinton's distortions of his record.
  • I loved Obama's answer to whether or not Bill Clinton was the first black president: "Well, I'd have to see him dance before I could say whether or not he's a brother!" :-) (And for the record, Obama began by giving Bill his due with respect to his record in the African-American community.)
  • I warmed up to John Edwards, and right now I'd say that an Obama-Edwards ticket feels pretty good to me.
  • I liked Obama's response to the question (asked of all three candidates) of why MLKjr would endorse him: "I don't think Dr. King would endorse any of us." His point: that King would have wanted the American people to hold the candidates accountable and that change ultimately comes from the bottom up, from the people.

Off to see Phantom of the Opera with Victor now... it's our six month anniversary celebration. :-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home