Monday, January 29, 2007

I have moved to San Francisco and other odds & ends

Well, after residing in San Francisco for ten months, I finally decided to put down some roots and had all of my furniture and other belongings shipped down from Portland last Friday. Whew! I'm living in a sea of boxes. Nothing like trying to squeeze everything from a two bedroom house with a full (and I mean that in both senses!) basement into a one bedroom apartment. I see a big garage sale in my future!


TASTY VEGETARIAN FARE

Last night I had a great dinner at Millenium here in SF. I've always been a little dubious about the notion of spending much money for a vegetarian meal, but I'm now a believer. So delicious! I have a distinct suspicion that I'll be back there soon.

MOVIES

I've seen some good movies recently that I wanted to recommend. In particular, I really enjoyed The Queen and Notes on a Scandal. Helen Mirren was excellent in the former. And I was surprised by how much emotion I felt watching the video footage of Princess Diana. It has been easy for me to forget how much grace she had and how she connected with people. Funny, I remember vividly getting up that morning to watch her royal wedding to Prince Charles, right down to the commentary of Peter Jennings.

On DVD, I enjoyed both Happy Endings and Imaginary Heroes.

NOTES FROM THE OIL DRUM:

Thoughts on Ethanol after Bush's State of the Union Address

The electric wheel, a breakthrough in car efficiency

AND FINALLY, some State of the Union humor. :-)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home